- Slotnick*, B.S. and Schellenberg, S.A. In Press. Biotic response of Tethyan bathyal ostracodes through the Eocene-Oligocene Transition from the Massignano Composite Stratotype Section (east central Italy). Marine Micropaleontology. JCR 2012 Five-Year Impact Factor: 2.47. Schellenberg role: Mentored student first-author in all aspects of study, submission process, and revision/responses to reviewers and editor.
- Hatch*, M.B., Schellenberg, S.A., and Carter, M.L. 2012. Ba/Ca variations in the modern intertidal bean clam Donax gouldii: An Upwelling Proxy? Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology. JCR 2012 Five-Year Impact Factor: 2.99. Schellenberg role: Mentored student first-author in all aspects of study, submission process, and revision/responses to reviewers and editor. [pdf]
- Larrasoana, J.C., Roberts, A.P., Chang, L., Schellenberg, S.A., Fitzgerald, J.D., Norris, R.D., and Zachos, J.C. 2012. Magnetotactic bacterial response to Antarctic dust supply during the Palaeocene-Eocene thermal maximum. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 333-334:122-133. JCR 2012 Five-Year Impact Factor: 4.49. Schellenberg role: Determined carbonate weight percent and oxygen and carbon stable-isotope composition of analyzed samples; produced portion of methods section; assisted in development of broader argumentation and prose. [pdf]
- Sessa*, J.A., Ivany, L.C., Schlossnagle*, T., Samson, S.D., and Schellenberg, S.A. 2012. The fidelity of oxygen and strontium isotope values from shallow shelf settings: Implications for temperature and age reconstructions. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 342:27-39. JCR 2012 Five-Year Impact Factor: 2.99. Schellenberg role: Determined minor-element ratios for all analyzed microsampling of shell carbonate; assisted in experimental design, methods, and data visualization; produced portion of methods section; mentored first author through revision process in addressing disparate reviewer comments. [pdf]
- Kelly, D.C., Nielsen*, T.M.J., and Schellenberg, S.A. 2012. Carbonate Saturation Dynamics during the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum: Bathyal Constraints from ODP Sites 689 and 690 in the Weddell Sea (South Atlantic). Marine Geology 303-306:75-86. JCR 2012 Five-Year Impact Factor: 2.86. Schellenberg role: Collaborated on general experimental design; microsampled core intervals from ODP core repository; determined weight percent and oxygen and carbon stable-isotope composition for all samples; co-wrote and revised various aspects of manuscript. [pdf]
- Forcino*, F.L, Stafford*, E.S., Warner*, J.J., Webb*, A.E., Leighton, L.R., Schneider, C.L., Michlin*, T.S., Palazzola*, L.M., Morrow, J.R., and Schellenberg, S.A. 2010. Effects of data categorizations on paleocommunity analysis: A case study from Pennsylvanian Finis Shale of Texas. Palaios 25:144-157. DOI10.2110/palo.2009.p09-011r. JCR 2010 Five-Year Impact Factor: 1.97. Schellenberg role: Mentored students in design and implementation of study with other SDSU faculty; oversaw field and laboratory analyses; developed data analyses and visualizations; edited multiple iterations of manuscript and revisions; overall effort difficult to assess given wide variations in experience of students and faculty (e.g., one could calculate effort based on total ATP consumption or total word count of published manuscript). [pdf]
- Ford*, H.L., Schellenberg, S. A., Koch, P., Becker, B., and Deutschman, D. 2010. Evaluating the skeletal chemistry of Mytilus californianus as a temperature proxy: Effects of ontogeny and intertidal position. Paleoceanography, doi:10.1029/2008PA001677. JCR 2010 Five-Year Impact Factor: 4.96. Schellenberg role: Primary funder, adviser, mentor, and editor for development of student-authored publication. [pdf]