ANNUAL ALUMNI BANQUET
SDSU GEOLOGY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
(aka “FRIENDS OF THE DEPARTMENT)
This year’s banquet will be held at Holiday Inn Mission Valley Stadium on Murphy Canyon Road in San Diego. The Friday evening event begins with a social hour at 6pm and dinner at 7pm. The meal will be followed by a program, with presentations to and by this year’s recipients of the Baylor Brooks Honored Alumni Award. The deserving honoree is Mr. Mike Bemis, recently retired from Ninyo and Moore, Geotechnical and Environmental Consultants.
The “Amore Buffet” dinner will include mixed green salad, tri-colored pasta salad, penne pasta with marinara sauce, chicken Marsala, seasonal vegetable, oven-roasted red potatoes, warm rolls/butter, Chef’s choice of dessert, regular/decaf coffee, herbal teas, and iced tea. Other beverages will be available for purchase from cash bars.
As a fund-raiser to partially fund students’ banquet meals and other Alumni Association activities, we will have a silent auction that will be set up at the beginning of the evening and will conclude after the evening’s program. If you have any items to donate to the auction, please bring them We sincerely appreciate your donations and especially your purchases of the donated items!
The Holiday Inn Mission Valley Stadium hotel is located at 3805 Murphy Canyon Road (west of 1-15, north of Aero Drive) in San Diego, 858-278-9300. For banquet reservations, please complete and mail in the form below by April 5th. For more info, contact Sue, email@example.com or 619-442-8022.
CURRENT SDSU GEO-STUDENTS – At least 50 percent of your banquet fee will be reimbursed IF you make a reservation by the deadline AND show up at the banquet!!! And, remember, SDSU geo-alumni may be your future employers and are a great bunch of people to know! You’re gonna be one of them!
SEE YOU ON APRIL 12th!!!
BANQUET RESERVATION FORM – DUE BY *APRIL 5th!!!
(reservation form available on the flyer)
$$$ REQUESTS FOR ADDITIONAL DONATIONS $$$
The SDSU Geology Alumni Association is active year-round, currently does not solicit dues from the alumni on the mailing list, and requests your assistance in funding our annual activities such as:
- Help fund student meal costs at the annual banquet and at the San Diego Association of Geologists’ monthly meetings. We have had a great showing of students at meetings these past few years!
- Contribute to the Department picnic.
- Cover banquet expenses for our honored alumni of the year.
- Fund the SDSU Geology Department booth the “Campus Connection” (formerly called Graduate School Information Forum) held at this year’s 125th Annual Meeting of the Geological Society of America (to entice graduate students to attend SDSU.)
- Fund gifts for guest speakers during our Annual SDSU Geology Alumni Field Trip/Campout.
- Maintain a plaque in the department with nameplates of our honored alumni.
- Prepare, distribute and email info regarding our event.
- Buy and donate equipment and supplies needed by the department and the students!
Your donation is sincerely appreciated and may be submitted with your banquet reservation form.